Labels

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The First of Many...

Everything in a balance right?  I try to eat pretty healthy most of the time, but I do allow myself 1 tasty burger a week.  Hence a lot of entries in my blog will be Burger of the Week type post.  I start this week with a respectable 1st entry from The Green Iguana, a local chain, that has a number of different 'specialty' burgers.

You don't hear it very often but burgers need mayo. It keep the burger juices from ruining the bottom bun.  The Smoked Burger, starts with a smoked chipolte mayo, then builds with smoked pepper jack and smoked bacon.

This burger was 1/2lb patty and was tasty all the way through.  I like mine done medium rare, and GI does a great job of being consistent with the meat, 80/20 and always fresh.  As you can see from the picture it comes with the standard lettuce, tomato, and red onion slice.  I threw 'em all on, because that's how they designed it, and I figured that's how I should eat it.  Add the kicked-up onion rings, and you have a great burger.

As a note, the fries are just ok, but a Yuengling Draft goes great.

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment